A friend gave me a batch of trade paperback comics that he had read earlier. Unfortunately, in my blunt opinion, they were all mediocre. When reading through E.V.E. Proto Mecha, though, my mind eventually went to your blog. Hence this scand scans of the cover. I have other scans too, but for whatever reason I couldn’t insert a full photo set.
BAM. Got my application for a post-doctoral grant submitted. I really like the project, the program, the PI, and the place (
whyyyy am I alliterating?) and I’ve been working about 27 hours a day for the past two weeks on this so… positive thoughts, prayers, etc appreciated cause i want it.
Anonymous asked: yoU KNOW ANIMORPHS OHMYOGD THAT SHIT WAS MY CHILDHOOD
you have no idea how hard i know animorphs
so hard is how
I identify with this.
Steve Irwin in a Jaeger would be entertaining.
Look over there. There’s a Catergory 3 Kaiju. Biggest one yet.
Ah’m gonna wrassle with it.
#yeah but who’s his drift partner. a crocodile. just a crocodile. its not a special or humanoid croc its literally just a croc strapped in.
THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I’VE REBLOGGED THIS BUT I DON’T CARE BECAUSE IT HAS IMPROVED EVERY TIME
Oh. Oh. I found a thing I want. *__*
I mean not specifically with a crocodile but just. Steve Irwin, yes, omg.
Important Fic Memes
Saw this going around and it looked cool. List ten fics that have stayed with you through the years, then tag some friends.
- HHHHHHHHH, Harry Potter
- In The Blood, Discworld
- Went Forth Unconquered, Narnia
- My Body Is A Cage, Watchmen.
- Your Fixed Point, Iron Man.
- Ten Ways To Die, Naruto
- Human Women, Doctor Who
- Lunch And Other Obscenities, Star Trek Reboot
- A Hundred Years Ago, Peter Pan
- Slave Bear of Care-A-Lot, Care Bears
dang, this is hard. i’m so bad at keeping track of fic. um.
1. Other Chambers, Darker Secrets, Harry Potter. MASSIVE noncon and underage warnings.
2. Cold Ones, Vagrant Story/Highlander. You have to get access from the author to read this or the rest of her fic b/c she locked everything down a few years ago, but. This might be where my cannibalism problem comes from.
3. The Way It’s Gonna Go, FFVII. Is it cheating if this one was written for me? Heavy dubcon, humiliation, gangbang.
4. Making His Peace with It, FFXII. Epic deathfix, ptsd/recovery, beautiful BDSM exploration.
5. Hi, I’m Captain Jack Harkness. Torchwood/Star Wars. Bless fandom forever.
6. Love Is Not Four Letters, FFXII. The, uh. First non-porn one on the list.
7. In Bond and Blood, Naruto. best vanilla kink, fight me.
8. Limitless, Assassin’s Creed. I have no words.
9. Stark, A.E., and Banner, R. Bruce. (2013). “Biodosimetric Tools for Measuring Induced Isomeric Transition in Inverted Paired States.” International Journal of Radiation Biology 89.9, 43-85. Avengers. I don’t even go here.
10. Sollux: Be the Queen Bee. Homestuck. Look, I could list hot HS fic all day. This one is extra memorable.
Consider yourself tagged. Yeah, you, the one with the list you’re itching to post.
aww, jeez, thanks, now i have LITERALLY MILLIONS of words of harry/draco to read (seriously, the word counts for that series? holy christ.)
ehehehe. I have… actually never gotten to the end of that series, mostly because of my habit of re-starting things from the beginning if I come back to them. I did finally make it to the 7th book on my last go through. (If it helps, the first book is very quick and easy and fun.)
The series is… kind of a mixed bag, particularly towards the later bits, but the themes and world-building and characterizations and such have stuck with me like crazy and I do keep coming back to it, so. Still recommended.
p. much Harry Potter with a lot more consideration of wizard culture and shinier, more complex characters, and ‘hey, if an adult actually did that that would be way messed up,’ and also slytherin!Harry which is one of my favorite things.